My friend asked if I would help her to make a Spring wreath. She sent me a link to this wreath . I found it very cute and it gave me some ideas of what I’d like to do for my own wreath.
I wanted to use a foam wreath shape from my local craft store, but it was super expensive, so I turned to the dollar store. I found a willow wreath that I knew would work out great.
KNIT FLOWER TUTORIAL
I saw something similar to these knit strip florals at Target the other day and decided to give it a try myself. Here are the steps to this super simple floral.
1. Cut strips of knit fabric, about 1/2 inch in width. I used an old tank top.
2. Pull the knit strips length-wise, so that they curl.
3. Cut strips into 4 inches in length.
4. Layer on top of each other in flower shape.
5. Using needle and thread sew strips together in center. You can stop here and sew on a shirt or something, but I decided to take it one step further.
6. Wrap thread around all of the strips so that they flare out.
I used a few other tutorials for my flowers to make the wreath come together.
felt flower , loopy felt flower , rolled fabric flower , fabric yo yo’s (I added a button to the middle of mine), and for the leafs I used this tutorial again.