I am 30 today and I am happy! Happy to be me! Happy it’s my birthday. Happy because I received all of the royal treatment this morning including homemade waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. Happy I received my new lens. Genuinely joyfully happy!
Over the past few months I’ve been going through some serious “I can’t believe I’m turning 30” phase. It’s been difficult. I’ve had doubts of what I should be doing in life and where I want to be going. But, today, I can honestly say I’m happy. I may not be exactly where I’d like to be, but that doesn’t mean I have to stop trying or get down on myself because I’m not there yet. It just means I have to keep trying and working hard to get where I want to be. I have so much to live for. I have so much I want to accomplish. I remember reading this a while back and thought it would be so good to make one of these lists for myself. This isn’t a “I have to accomplish this all in my lifetime or I’m not worth anything” list, but it’s a “I hope to accomplish some of these things on this list and discover who I am along the way” list. I really do want to continue to explore who I am and be the kind of person that exemplifies someone who is kind and thoughtful. Someone who is hardworking and patient (that one may take until I’m 90!). Someone who is creative and seen as a professional.
I hope this list will continue to grow and change as I do and that I can cross off some of these things from my list along the way.
What are some of the things that you would like to accomplish in this lifetime?
P R O F E S S I O N A L / C A R E E R
• get organized (I’ve been working on that one!)
• publish a book
• have my designs/patterns on a well-known companies product (like Land of Nod, or Mini Boden)
• design a fabric line that is printed
• teach a class (maybe bookmaking or pattern design), possibly at a college level
• design my own line of children’s clothing including the patterns on the fabric and the design of the clothing
• have my own studio with lots of natural light (with all you can imagine in it, a letterpress, screen printing set up, sewing machine, pretty much everything crafty!)
• master my SLR
• Judge a design competition
• Make enough money to support my family
• Be a keynote speaker
• go to SURTEX
• show at SURTEX
• start my own design company
• design 300 patterns
• license my designs
open a bigcartel shop (no product yet, but I’m working on it….)
• sell fabric designs on Spoonflower
F A M I L Y
• have another child, maybe 2
• have a home where peace and love abound
• take Char to Disney World
• take Char on a mommy daughter date and get a makeover
• take Char sledding
• take the family on a hike where we camp for one night
• huge celebration for my 50th wedding anniversary
(I’ll post more pics and details soon…)
S K I L L S
organize and stay organized
• play the Organ
• design a sewing pattern
• learn to use my sewing machine/surger better
• take a screen printing class
• take a cooking class
• take a cake decorating class
• play the guitar
• master the piano
• learn to crochet and knit better, actually make something
T R A V E L
• visit Australia again
• Boulder, CO
• visit the East coast, virginia beach
• Church history sites
• Seattle, WA
• Portland, OR
• Chicago, IL
• London, just so I can say I’ve been there!
J U S T F O R F U N
wear red lipstick!
grow my hair out! Wow, that only took 10 years! If you wanna see how short it was, go here.
• take a picture every day for a year
• host a party and make all the food from scratch
• drive a jetski or a boat
• meet Oprah Winfrey
• learn to Garden like Leslie
• learn to can like my Mother
• ride a tandem bike
• eat more whole foods
• write in a Gratitude Journal every day for a year
• take a creative writing class
I hope this list inspires you to make some goals and lists of your own. This list doesn’t include everything, but it is the beginning…
And if you want a little pick me up, watch this video and just remember to be YOU! and you will be happy!
As a little thank you, I’ve created this banner that you can send to your family and friends via email or post on your blog! Just click on the image and download it! Enjoy!