I know this one isn’t a printable, but I thought it was worth sharing! As some of you may know, I love Pinterest. I often get swept away by all of the beautiful images and yesterday I found myself loving these ceramic gift tags by Molly Hatch for Anthropologie. I also noticed that they aren’t available to purchase any more either, so I thought, why not make my own for FREE! They are super easy to make and the best part is, you probably have everything you need to make them at home!
1. First start by following this recipe for the salt dough. I halved the recipe and it made 2 large cookie sheets full.
2. Roll the dough out to about a 1/4″ thick. Cut out small circles, about 1.5 inches. If you don’t have a cookie cutter, try a small cup. Then punch out a small hole at the top using a straw.
3. Next, using stamps (if you have some) impress them into the dough. If you don’t have stamps, just skip this part.
4. Bake in a 300*F oven for 25 minutes.
5. Let cool for 15 minutes.
6. Using sand paper, sand down the tops of the tags. And wipe off with dry towel.
7. Using a small sharpie marker follow the imprints from the stamps, or just wing it. The rougher looking the better I think.
8. Add twine, tie knot near tag. (I got my twine at Home Depot). Add to any gift to really add some personality!
I’d love to hear if any of you have made these before. Oh, and stay tuned for tomorrow! I’m adding some new printable wrapping paper to my shop (see below) and one of them will be free in tomorrow’s download.