My 2015 Tea Towel Calendars are now for sale in my Spoonflower Shop. But, if you’d like to make it look super polished when you hang it up, simply follow these instructions.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• 4, 18″ pieces of wood from Home Depot. They look like this. And cost about 46 cents a foot. At my Home Depot, they were located with all the lumber. I also had Home Depot cut them to 18″ for me.
• string, about 12-15″ long. I used black nylon that I purchased from Michaels.
• super glue (I purchased mine here)
1. Iron Fabric.
3. Fold sides and iron. Only the left and right sides. Leave the top and bottom straight.
4. Sew a straight line from top to bottom, so that the edges are nice and finished. Or you could glue them with fabric glue.
5. Iron the whole thing again.
6. Measure 2 inches on each side of the back wooden dowel and mark it with a sharpie. This is where your string will go, so that it’s even.
7. Put a few dots of super glue on your back wooden dowel. Put your string first, then the top of your Tea Towel Calendar.
8. Add a few more dots of super glue and add your other wooden dowel, making sure all is aligned. Press down tightly to set the glue. So it’s like a sandwich. (See below)
9. Repeat steps 7 & 8 for the bottom of the calendar
10. Tada! You are finished! Easy as that!
I’d love to see your finished product! #2015TeaTowelCal on instagram!